Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 21
Iowa City study club organized in 1897.
Club formed in 1920 by rural women living near West Liberty, Iowa.
The records include notebooks for flower shows, a program planning book, and newspaper articles.
This collection contains meeting minutes, annual reports, and scrapbooks of club activities.
A Washington, Iowa women's social club which was founded in 1934.
The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Nondenominational and nonpartisan organization bringing Iowa women's clubs together.
The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Local affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women.
Local branch of the national non-partisan League of Women Voters which seeks to promote political responsibility through educating and informing the public on selected governmental issues and promoting action on those issues.
During the 1980s and 1990s, the LWV of Muscatine conducted a number of studies on Muscatine county issues, including the ambulance 911 system, law enforcement, county courthouse space needs, alternative forms of county government, housing, education, land use, hazardous waste, local option tax, the U.S. Highway 61 Bypass, and the Muscatine fire station.
Cultural women's club in Fort Madison, Iowa which focused on intellectual improvement through study and reading.
Founded in Iowa City in 1937 to celebrate its members' Norwegian heritage.
Women's study club founded in 1867 by young women who had attended the Marion Female Seminary.
Marion, Iowa, study club that was founded in 1867.
Organization that provided support for weight loss.
The department was established in 1924 and was a pioneer in the development of graduate study and professional training. The department existed until 2010 under a variety of names and organizations.
Organization dedicated to legislative and educational efforts to prevent juvenile delinquency and support woman's suffrage.