Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 25
Abstract American motion picture and television script writer and producer. Program scripts, department materials, memos, clippings, notes, correspondence, production budgets, and miscellaneous photographs.
Dates: 1948-1961; Majority of material found in 1951-1955
Abstract American motion picture producer, director and writer. Ten script items ranging from shooting schedules to screenplays.
Abstract Motion picture and television script writer. Slides, watercolor paintings, scripts, screenplays, short stories and novels by Ross; photographs, three recordings.
Dates: 1942-1965; Majority of material found in 1950-1965
Abstract Television writer, producer. Consists of two series, scripts and video cassettes.
Abstract American television and motion picture screenwriter and novelist. Father of actor Ryan O'Neal. Screenplays, teleplays, typescripts, correspondence.
Dates: 1938-1982; 1950-1970
Abstract Born in Ontario 1943, awarded a PhD in American literature by Pennsylvania State University in 1970, taught at Iowa from 1970 to 1986, retired to write. Perhaps best known for Rambo, the central character of his 1972 novel First Blood, which lead to the Rambo films starring Sylvester Stallone, Morrell has written numerous novels as well as screen- and teleplays. The growing collection of his papers includes video and audio tapes as well as research notes, correspondence, and manuscripts.
Abstract Television and motion picture writer, director and producer. Television and motion picture scripts, screenplays, publicity, reviews, notes and memos, set designs, and costume sketches.
Abstract Writer, State Director Historical Records Survey. Collection includes drafts of poems and stories but consists largely of scripts for Navy and Coast Guard training films dating from the mid-1930s to the mid-1950s.
Abstract Complete working scripts of 19 produced and 5 unproduced plays. Includes Eugene O'Neill (One-Act Plays of the Sea) and George Bernard Shaw (On the Rocks).
Abstract Dramatist. Subject files relating to his career and personal life, including dra s, photographs, set designs, etc. Much of the collection relates to his best known play, Dark of the Moon..
Abstract Manuscripts and correspondence of the editor, writer, and director of the University of Iowa Writer's Workshop, 1969-1987. Papers include research files and drafts for Ross [Lockridge] and Tom [Heggen]: Two American Tragedies (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1974), including three hundred Ross Lockridge letters and 40 interviews; copies of newspaper articles and book reviews; 446 letters by and about Tom Heggen, 95 interviews, copies of stories and articles written by Heggen; copies of newspaper...
Dates: 1933-1987; 1970-1980
Scope and Contents There are no contents, the information for this collection has been moved to the Iowa Author’s Manuscript Collection, MsC0869.
Overview Between 1919 and 1962, Graham wrote and published at least 43 plays (represented by typescripts in this collection, a gift in 1953).
Dates: Majority of material found in 1919-1962
Abstract Four revisions of the play that won the Iowa centennial contest and was performed at the University of Iowa in 1947.
Abstract Research material compiled by Meade while writing the biography Buster Keaton Cut to the Case.
Abstract Author, filmmaker, and comic strip writer. The papers document his film and literary career. His novels, comics (including Dick Tracy and Ms. Tree), and screenplays are represented in various forms of completion, with typescript drafts, artwork, correspondence, research, galley proofs, and promotional material.
Abstract Radio scriptwriter (Kaffee Klatch and Playhouse of the Air among others) and playwright (as Maxine Wood). Correspondence, photographs, clippings, scrapbooks, typescripts, etc.
Dates: 1928-1983; 1940-1960
Abstract Writer, musician, composer, and lyricist, best known for The Music Man. Manuscript drafts from his books, a script from The Music Man, and sheet music.
Overview Screenwriter and director. Typescripts, screenplays, correspondence, clippings, proofs, photographs, etc.
Dates: 1945-2000; 1980-2015
- Dramatists 23
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction 16
- Popular culture -- Study and teaching 16
- Television -- Production and direction 16
- Theater -- Study and teaching 16
- Screenplays 14
- Motion pictures 11
- Television programs 9
- 20th century 8
- Screenwriters 8
- American drama 7
- Photographs 7
- Television writers 7
- Drafts (documents) 6
- Articles 4
- Clippings (information artifacts) 4
- Correspondence 4
- Motion picture actors and actresses 4
- Authors, American 3
- Sound recordings 3
- Video recordings 3
- Audiotapes 2
- Detective and mystery television programs 2
- Dr. Kildare (Television program : 1961-1966) 2
- Dramatists, American 2
- Fans (Persons) 2
- Fiction -- Authorship 2
- Iowa 2
- Novelists 2
- Peter Gunn (Television program) 2
- Peyton Place (Television program) 2
- Playgirl (Motion picture : 1954) 2
- Poets 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Television comedies 2
- Alcoa theatre (Television program) 1
- Alfred Hitchcock Hour 1
- Alfred Hitchcock presents (Television program : 1955-1962) 1
- All I desire (Motion picture) 1
- All this and heaven too (Motion picture) 1
- Amazing Mr. Williams (Motion picture) 1
- American fiction 1
- American prose literature 1
- And there I stood with my piccolo 1
- And your name is Jonah (Television program) 1
- Ann Sothern show (Television program) 1
- Archives (groupings) 1
- Babe (Television program : 1975) 1
- Bad Man of Brimstone (Motion picture) 1
- Baffled! (Television program) 1
- Bandit of Zhobe (Motion picture) 1
- Battle at Bloody Beach (Motion picture) 1
- Because of you (Motion picture : 1952) 1
- Big clock (Motion picture) 1
- Big river, big man 1
- Bigger than life (Motion picture) 1
- Biographies 1
- Birthright (Play) 1
- Black scorpion (Motion picture : 1957) 1
- Black spot on the sun (Screenplay) 1
- Border river (Motion picture : 1954) 1
- Bride of vengeance (Motion picture) 1
- Budgets 1
- Bus stop (Television program : 1961-1962) 1
- Camp runamuck (Television program) 1
- Captain Carey, U.S.A. (Motion picture) 1
- Cartoonists 1
- Children's books -- Authorship 1
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Motion picture) 1
- City beneath the sea (Motion picture) 1
- Climax (Television program) 1
- Coach (Television program) 1
- Coast guard (Motion picture) 1
- Cockleshell heroes (Motion picture) 1
- Collective labor agreements 1
- Combat! (Television program) 1
- Comedians 1
- Comic books, strips, etc. 1
- Composers 1
- Conferences 1
- Contracts 1
- Corporation reports 1
- Costume design 1
- Costume designers 1
- Dad's a dog (Television program) 1
- Damon Runyon Theater (Television program) 1
- Dark of the moon (Play) 1
- Dark victory (Motion picture : 1939) 1
- Day they robbed the bank of England (Motion picture) 1
- Dead heat on a merry-go-round (Motion picture) 1
- Dear wife (Motion picture) 1
- Delta (Television program) 1
- Desilu Playhouse (Television program) 1
- Detective and mystery stories 1
- Diamonds are forever (Motion picture) 1 ∧ less
- Arena Productions, Inc. 1
- Blees, Robert 1
- Clark, Sean 1
- Cohen, Albert J. 1
- Collins, Max Allan 1
- Faithfull, Starr, 1906-1931 1
- Farran, Don 1
- Federal Theatre Project 1
- Felton, Norman 1
- Finsterwald, Maxine 1
- Gould, Chester 1
- Graham, Manta S. 1
- Head, Edith 1
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966 1
- Kemp, Barry 1
- Leggett, John 1
- Liljenquist, Don 1
- Maibaum, Richard 1
- Meade, Marion 1
- Meyer, Nicholas 1
- Morrell, David 1
- O'Neal, Charles 1
- O'Neal, Charles, 1904-1996 1
- Richardson, Howard 1
- Ross, Arthur A. 1
- Roxy Theater (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Smith, Lewis Worthington 1
- Spillane, Mickey, 1981- 1
- Stong, Phil 1
- Swift, David 1
- Twentieth Century Fox 1
- Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation 1
- Willson, Meredith 1
- Willson, Meredith, 1902-1984 1
- Wood, Maxine, 1906- 1
- Zugsmith, Albert 1 ∧ less