Showing Collections: 141 - 160 of 499
The club was organized in 1952 as a social and philanthropic forum for local women.
Social club organized in April 1935 by farm wives living southeast of Percival, Iowa.
A participant in the Camp Fire Girls between 1940 and 1954; materials include correspondence, scrapbooks and a memoir.
Professor and former dean of the University of Iowa College of Nursing.
Two books that mention Felton and her achievements in nursing are filed in the printed work collection of the Iowa Women's Archives: Complete in All Its Parts: Nursing Education at the University of Iowa, 1898-1998 by Lee Anderson and Kathy Penningroth (1998) and The Path We Tread: Blacks in Nursing Worldwide, 1864-1994 by M. Elizabeth Carnegie (1995).
Received her master's degree from the Department of Physical Education for Women at the State University of Iowa in 1952.
Member of the Iowa House of Representatives, 1965-1966, and the first Jewish woman elected to the Iowa Legislature.
Scrapbook documenting the collegiate life of a State University of Iowa student during the 1920's.
Humboldt, Iowa, native who taught high school in Iowa and worked for the Unitarian Church in Cleveland and Boston.
Oral history project of the Iowa Women's Archives.
Social worker and State University of Iowa graduate from Marne, Iowa, whose papers include diaries and family correspondence.
Extensive correspondence of Corning, Iowa farm wife and club woman.
Teacher and high school girls basketball coach from Mechanicsville, Iowa.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Republican Iowa legislator from 1950 to 1956 and former president of the League of Women Voters of Iowa.
Stage actress who spent her childhood in Saskatchewan and was a teacher in Fairfield, Iowa.
Mt. Vernon, Iowa high school teacher who later owned and directed The Depot Museum in Fayette County, Iowa.
Social club of Iowa County farmwomen that began as a Farm Bureau club but later dropped that affiliation.
Landscape architect, author and photographer.
The first African American woman pharmacist licensed in Iowa and presidential appointee to the United States Foreign Service in the 1950s.
Farmwoman, basketball player on Newhall High School girls state championship team in 1927.