Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Photos and a memoir written by a blind woman who helped establish the Iowa Home for Sightless Women in Des Moines.
Muscatine, Iowa, newspaper columnist active in arts, civic, educational, and religious organizations.
Writer and volunteer who earned a doctorate in English from the University of Iowa while living with spinocerebellar degeneration.
Civil rights worker in Davenport.
Known as the Vietnam Mail Lady, Neal corresponded with servicemen stationed in Vietnam from 1966 to 1969.
Social club of Iowa County farmwomen that began as a Farm Bureau club but later dropped that affiliation.
The first African American woman pharmacist licensed in Iowa and presidential appointee to the United States Foreign Service in the 1950s.
Nondenominational and nonpartisan organization bringing Iowa women's clubs together.
Social worker in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, from the 1930s though the 1960s.
Armed Services librarian during World War II, and University of Iowa professor in the School of Library and Information Science.
Bettendorf Republican who served on the Scott County Board of Supervisors and the Iowa State Senate.
Teacher with Bureau of Indian Affairs, 1941-1963; vocational counselor and tourism advocate.
Maria Cano came to Iowa from Guanajuato, Mexico, with her parents in 1928. She established a Spanish language interpreter program at the University of Iowa Hospitals in 1975.
Native of Mexico who came to Fort Madison, Iowa in 1914. Her community activism centered on the Iowa State Penitentiary in Fort Madison.
Sexual abuse response and advocacy center established in in Iowa City in 1973 to serve located the University of Iowa community and surrounding counties.