Showing Collections: 141 - 150 of 150
Provided training in a variety of careers including dieticians, extension agents, designers, and homemakers.
The department was established in 1924 and was a pioneer in the development of graduate study and professional training. The department existed until 2010 under a variety of names and organizations.
Program established in 1994 to expand and improve educational and professional opportunities for women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and provide support for students in these fields.
Wife of Dean of University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts and organizer of Newcomers Club in 1938 and International Wives Club in 1959.
Maquoketa, Iowa, native who owned and operated Spencer's Harmony Hall with her husband from 1912 to 1962.
One of five African American women who integrated Currier Hall at the University of Iowa in 1946. Former president of the Fort Madison chapter of the NAACP.
Artist, University of Iowa professor, and inventor of the Iowa Foil Printer.
Multiethnic group founded in 1981 by women from the University of Iowa.