Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 23
Rural Mt. Ayr, Iowa woman who worked in local homes as a washerwoman and housekeeper.
Nurse, abortion rights activist and educator from Fairfield, Iowa.
Rural nurse who contracted AIDS on the job and became a national spokeswoman for occupational safety.
Career nurse and avid traveler who grew up in Dedham, Iowa and Des Moines.
Professor and former dean of the University of Iowa College of Nursing.
Two books that mention Felton and her achievements in nursing are filed in the printed work collection of the Iowa Women's Archives: Complete in All Its Parts: Nursing Education at the University of Iowa, 1898-1998 by Lee Anderson and Kathy Penningroth (1998) and The Path We Tread: Blacks in Nursing Worldwide, 1864-1994 by M. Elizabeth Carnegie (1995).
The Iowa League for Nursing's efforts have included active participation in community planning and action for health care, advocating changes such as home health care. The organization made efforts to assure the continuing supply of nurses by providing them with the educational opportunities to reach their maximum career potential, ability to move into management and leadership positions, and promoting a greater public appreciation of nursing as a profession.
Local chapter of the Iowa Nurses Association.
Elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 1982 and in 1986, she became the first woman Lieutenant Governor of Iowa.
World War I Army nurse from Clayton, Iowa.
1936 graduate of the School of Nursing at the State University of Iowa who was active in Democratic politics and whose correspondence includes round robin letters.
Nurse who served in the Army Nurse Corps during World War II.
Postville, Iowa, native who graduated from the University of Iowa School of Nursing in 1940.
Nurse who worked in Missouri in the 1930s and at the University of Iowa Hospitals from 1948 to 1965.
Public health and visiting nurse who later taught at the University of Iowa College of Nursing.
My Story describes Block's training as a nurse, family life, her employment off and on the farm, and her activities in Benton County, Iowa.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Nurse who worked for the Public Health Service and the United Nations in Italy and the Middle East, 1945-1948.
Nurse educator and scholar.
Nurse in Sioux City during the first half of the 20th century.
Professor of nursing,1957-1976, dean of the College of Nursing, 1949-1957, and director of nursing for the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics,1968-1976.
The 2004 accession is shelved in boxes 47-50.The total number of boxes in the collection is 52.
- Nurses 21
- Nursing -- Study and teaching (Associate degree) 20
- Nursing -- Study and teaching (Graduate) 20
- Personal papers 19
- Women in medicine 14
- Nursing 13
- Nursing students 9
- 2001-2010 7
- Cultural artifacts 7
- Iowa 6
- Iowa City (Iowa) 6
- Photograph albums 6
- Sound recordings 6
- Nurse administrators 5
- Administrative records 4
- College teachers 4
- Video recordings 4
- Women -- Political activity 4
- Women and War 4
- Women in education 4
- Women in higher education 4
- College students 3
- Correspondence 3
- Des Moines (Iowa) 3
- Diaries 3
- Memoirs 3
- Oral histories 3
- Professional associations 3
- Rural women 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Speeches 3
- Women -- Societies and clubs 3
- Women in agriculture 3
- 1941-1950 2
- African American women -- Iowa 2
- Autobiographies 2
- Community activists 2
- Families 2
- Farmers 2
- Marriage 2
- Medical education 2
- Military nursing 2
- Minneapolis (Minn.) 2
- Nursing homes 2
- Postcards 2
- Rochester (Minn.) 2
- Women in charitable work 2
- 1911-1920 1
- Abortion 1
- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Berlin (Germany) 1
- Birth control 1
- Blythedale (Miss.) 1
- Breast milk 1
- Breastfeeding promotion 1
- Children with disabilities 1
- Class reunions 1
- Clayton (Iowa) 1
- Courtship 1
- Davenport (Iowa) 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Dedham (Iowa) 1
- Disclosure of information 1
- Divorce 1
- Down syndrome -- Patients 1
- Downing (Mo.) 1
- Education 1
- Egypt 1
- England 1
- Equal rights amendments 1
- Europe 1
- Farm life 1
- Farm management 1
- France 1
- German Americans 1
- Germany 1
- Government employees 1
- HIV (Viruses) 1
- Health education teachers 1
- Historians 1
- Homemakers 1
- Human rights 1
- In-service training 1
- Italy 1
- Ithaca (N.Y.) 1
- Jewish women -- Iowa 1
- Jews, German 1
- Laundresses 1
- Leadership 1
- Lebanon 1
- Legislation 1
- Legislators 1
- Leon (Iowa) 1
- Lieutenant governors 1
- Linn County (Iowa) 1
- Marion (Iowa) 1
- Maternal health services 1 ∧ less
- University of Iowa. College of Nursing 5
- Democratic Party (Iowa) 2
- Iowa League for Nursing 2
- Iowa Nurses' Association 2
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 2
- State University of Iowa. School of Nursing 2
- University of Iowa. Hospitals and Clinics 2
- American Nurses Association 1
- Aydelotte, Myrtle K. (Myrtle Kitchell) 1
- Becker, Ruth Salzmann, 1922-2007 1
- Block, Marjorie Bertalot, 1923-2007 1
- Branstad, Terry E. 1
- Britton family 1
- Britton, Cheryl, 1910-2003 1
- Britton, Chester, 1904 - 1968 1
- Carter, Lucille Ketchum, 1913- 1
- Christy, Teresa E. 1
- Congressional Club (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Donahue, M. Patricia 1
- Eastern Iowa League for Nursing 1
- Ehrhardt, Louis 1
- Eimen, Martha, 1912-1997 1
- Fassbinder, Barbara, 1951-1994 1
- Felton, Geraldene, 1926- 1
- German Lutheran Hospital (Sioux City, Iowa). Nursing School 1
- Goad family 1
- Hall, Arlene Gardner, 1908-1999 1
- Hauth, Mary Ungerer, 1890-1963 1
- Havel, George, -1983 1
- Havel, Marie Tener, 1910-2002 1
- Hillard, Patricia, 1947-2000 1
- Iowa Association of Colleges of Nursing 1
- Iowa Citizens' League for Nursing 1
- Iowa Health Systems Agency 1
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital (Des Moines, Iowa). School of Nursing 1
- Iowa Nurses' Association. Fifth District 1
- Iowa Nursing Center 1
- Jens, Arlene, 1926- 1
- Johnson, Margaret Langland, 1912-1972 1
- Kahler School of Nursing 1
- La Leche League International. Western U.S. Division 1
- Liers, Louise, 1887-1983 1
- Lyford family 1
- Lyford, Marjorie Elizabeth, 1910- 1
- Mercy School of Nursing (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- Meyer, Marie Schultz, 1918-1993 1
- Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, N.Y.). School of Nursing 1
- National League for Nursing 1
- O'Dea, Suzanne, 1950- 1
- Salzmann family 1
- State University of Iowa 1
- Tener family 1
- United Nations 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps 1
- United States. Cadet Nurse Corps 1
- University of Minnesota. School of Nursing 1
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Iowa City, Iowa) 1
- White family 1
- Zimmerman, Jo Ann, 1936- 1 ∧ less