Showing Collections: 221 - 239 of 239
Provided training in a variety of careers including dieticians, extension agents, designers, and homemakers.
The department was established in 1924 and was a pioneer in the development of graduate study and professional training. The department existed until 2010 under a variety of names and organizations.
University of Iowa Department of Physical Education for Women: Women's Recreation Association records
WRA provided college women opportunities to participate in sports, either intramural or as a member of a sport club
Activities of the Iowa City chapter of the national organization, Students Against Sweatshops.
Program established in 1994 to expand and improve educational and professional opportunities for women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and provide support for students in these fields.
Maquoketa, Iowa, native who owned and operated Spencer's Harmony Hall with her husband from 1912 to 1962.
One of five African American women who integrated Currier Hall at the University of Iowa in 1946. Former president of the Fort Madison chapter of the NAACP.
Cherokee, Iowa-born woman who enrolled at Iowa State College in home economics and later moved to Quimby, Iowa.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
Waldo Glock Fiji-New Zealand Expedition Lantern Slides Collection. Includes images of other expeditions. Accompanied by scrapbook and bound volume journal (1922) by Glock, Fiji-New Zealand Expedition.
Diaries describe growing up in rural Iowa in the 1960s and the period from1992 to 2001.
University organization for women dedicated to forensics.
University organization dedicated to providing greater equity to all communities, with a particular focus on women.
Women's center established in 1970 to serve the university and community.