Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 22
The guild taught needlework skills and participated in shows.
Women's drama study club founded in 1914 in Iowa City.
This collection contains meeting minutes, annual reports, and scrapbooks of club activities.
Iowa City group promoting friendship and understanding among women from around the world and the United States of America.
The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Iowa City publisher and printer of lesbian and feminist books that existed from 1973 to 1985.
On April 25, 2004, pro-choice activists went to Washington, D.C., to participate in the March for Women's Lives, a protest against the pro-life policies of President George W. Bush's administration.
Local branch, formed in 1963, of group for women writers and artists.
Feminist activist organization records.
Local chapter of the professional organization focused on social, educational, and professional activities.
Founded in Iowa City in 1937 to celebrate its members' Norwegian heritage.
Sexual abuse response and advocacy center established in in Iowa City in 1973 to serve located the University of Iowa community and surrounding counties.
The Reproductive Rights Coalition of Iowa City (RRCIC) formed in January 1989 in response to Operation Rescue's attempt to shut down a local abortion clinic.
Organization that provided support for weight loss.
Annual gathering begun in 1982. By 2007 seven awards were given each year.
Audiovisual materials: 25th anniversary retrospective, 2006 [shelved in digital collection: d0041] Celebration of Excellence Power Point presentation: past scholarship recipients, 2007 [shelved in digital collection: d0045] Women's Achievement Awards Ceremony, 1996 [shelved in videocassette collection: V322] Celebration of Excellence and Achievement Among Women, 1995 [shelved in videocassette collection: V323]
The history of nursing education at Iowa.
Provided training in a variety of careers including dieticians, extension agents, designers, and homemakers.
The department was established in 1924 and was a pioneer in the development of graduate study and professional training. The department existed until 2010 under a variety of names and organizations.
Program established in 1994 to expand and improve educational and professional opportunities for women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and provide support for students in these fields.