Showing Collections: 81 - 100 of 155
Home extension course, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and other early twentieth century rural organization publications collected by an Iowa farm wife.
Women's division of the local Farm Bureau.
4 folders, shelved in SCVF.
Des Moines resident who was a leader in women's organizations including American Mother's Inc., PTA and AAUW.
Organization of Marion women's clubs.
Mahaska County, Iowa, farm woman who was active in 4-H and rural organizations. She recorded her daily activities in her diaries between 1935 and 1973.
Social worker and the first African American woman in the United States to be named executive director of a greater metropolitan YWCA.
Iowa teacher from Jefferson County who taught in rural schools for forty-four years and was active in the Iowa Federation of Women's Clubs.
First woman to chair the Republican National Committee, serving from 1974 to 1977. Co-founder of the Louise Noun-Mary Louise Smith Iowa Women's Archives.
The Iowa Chapter of Chaparral Poets met twice yearly (fall and spring); they studied poetry, conducted a poetry contest and wrote poetry for submission to Midwest Chaparral magazine. The organization was formed in 1942 and disbanded in 2001.
Regional branch of the National Women's Studies Association.
Fremont County, Iowa women's club that was responsible for opening a public library in the small town of Thurman in 1936.
Cultural women's club in Fort Madison, Iowa which focused on intellectual improvement through study and reading.
Organization opposed to genetically modified organisms.
Founded in 1929 to promote the knowledge and love of gardening.
Study group organized to stimulate the advancement of herb gardening and herb use.
Champion hog breeder, farm woman, 4-H leader, and president of the Iowa Porkettes.
Local chapter of the national association.
Organization to provide a forum for women in the construction industry to meet and exchange ideas.
One scrapbook, shelved in Box 1, oversize.
Local branch, formed in 1963, of group for women writers and artists.
The National League of American Pen Women, Quad Cities Branch was established in 1976 to serve as an outlet for area women writers to communicate. The group organized scholarship competitions for high school student writers.