Collectors and collecting
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Human rights advocate from Burlington, Iowa who was active in local and international issues, particularly UNA-USA and the League of Women Voters.
The Dr. Richard Caplan Sherlock Holmes Collection consists of publications, ephemera, and a variety of artifacts collected throughout Caplan's lifetime as an avid Sherlock Holmes enthusiast. Some materials included in the collection are club journals and magazines, convention stationery, board games, magnifying glasses, smoking pipes, deerstalker hats, and an umbrella and cane, both with a sculpture of Sherlock Holmes for the handles.
Notebooks of a collector of children's books, artwork, and other items by children's author Marguerite de Angeli.
Business executive, Republican Party official, and art collector. Correspondence, speeches, subject files, etc. combine to document Schramm's business and political affairs, as well as his activities in the arts.
Industrial editor, author, book and bookplate collector. Correspondence, drafts, publications, and research relating to his interest in book illustrators, books and book plates.
Postcards and photographs of Iowa includes the work of professional women photographers in Iowa.
Cedar Rapids business people and collectors who donated their silver collection to the University of Iowa Museum of Art. This collection is made up of a series of correspondence and inventories of the Elliotts' library.
The Peter and Donna Thomas Fine Print Press Collection is made up of a variety of paper materials ranging from the 15th century to the 21st century. These materials document the history, techniques, types of materials, and artists that have help shape the world of papermaking. This collection is rich with a slew of paper samples, materials related to the Thomases scholarly work, influences/contribution to the the field, correspondence, and various examples of papermaking/paper specimen.
The Torch Press Bookshop was started by Luther Brewer in 1909, and sold books at a storefront in Cedar Rapids as well as to mail-order patrons until 1917.