Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club

 Organization

The Iowa City Christian Women's Club formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries. Stonecroft Ministries had its beginnings in the Christian Business and Professional Women's Councils which began in 1938. After numerous requests by homemakers for their own ministry, Christian Women's Clubs were launched in 1949 as a means of Christian fellowship and evangelism. In 1990, the local club changed its name to the Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club.

The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The luncheons, which are the club's main activity, feature visiting guest speakers, presentations by area businesses, and music. The Friendship Bible Coffees feature prayer time and devotions.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club records

 Collection
Identifier: IWA0538
Abstract The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Dates: 1967-2006