Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club records
Scope and Contents
The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club records date from 1967 to 2006 and measure 1.5 linear feet. The records consist of financial ledgers, a minute book, and four scrapbooks. The scrapbooks mainly document monthly luncheons and include yearbooks, newspaper clippings, luncheon invitations, name tags, prayer favors for missionaries, and descriptions of table decorations at the luncheons. The miscellaneous folder contains a 50th anniversary booklet of Stonecroft Ministries which contains the organization's history.
- Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The papers are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright held by the donor has been transferred to The University of Iowa.
Biographical / Historical
The Iowa City Christian Women's Club formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries. Stonecroft Ministries had its beginnings in the Christian Business and Professional Women's Councils which began in 1938. After numerous requests by homemakers for their own ministry, Christian Women's Clubs were launched in 1949 as a means of Christian fellowship and evangelism. In 1990, the local club changed its name to the Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club. The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The luncheons, which are the club's main activity, feature visiting guest speakers, presentations by area businesses, and music. The Friendship Bible Coffees feature prayer time and devotions.
1.50 linear feet
The Iowa City Area Christian Women's Club holds Friendship Bible Coffees and monthly luncheons. The ICCW formed in 1967 as an offshoot of Stonecroft Ministries.
Method of Acquisition
The records (donor no. 901) were donated by Beverly Neuzil and Mary Humston in 2003 and subsequent years.
Other Descriptive Information
- Elizabeth Engel, 2006; Sharon M. Lake, 2006.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note