William C. Jarnagin Papers
The papers of William C. Jarnagin consist of one box of manuscripts dating from 1898 to 1971. Included are scrapbooks of theater reviews (1911-1921) and clippings relating to the United Taxpayers of Buena Vista County (1932-1935). Newspaper "extra" sheets from the Spanish-American War published by the Storm Lake Pilot-Tribune, along with other clippings from Jarnagin's newspapers make up the rest of this small set of papers.
- Jarnagin, William C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply; please consult Special Collections staff for further information.
0.50 linear feet
Owner, editor and publisher of the Storm Lake Pilot-Tribune and the Storm Lake Register. Small group of papers relating to Jarnagin's newspaper publishing career, including scrapbooks, extra sheets from the Spanish American War, and clippings.
Method of Acquisition
These papers were given to the University of Iowa Libraries by Phil Jarnagin in 1971.
- Clippings (Information artifacts)
- Dramatic criticism
- English & American Literature
- Newspaper & Magazine Editors & Publishers
- Newspaper editors
- Spanish-American War, 1898
- Storm Lake pilot-tribune (Storm Lake, Iowa: Newspaper)
- Storm Lake register (Storm Lake, Iowa: Newspaper)
- United States -- Iowa
- United States -- Iowa -- Buena Vista County
- United States -- Iowa -- Storm Lake
- Writers Archive at Iowa
- Language of description