Skip to main content

Cedar Valley Community Club (Muscatine County, Iowa) records

 Collection
Identifier: IWA0594

Scope and Contents

The Cedar Valley Community Club (Muscatine County, Iowa) records measure 14.4 linear inches and date from 1922-2009. They primarily consist of record books that contain minutes of meetings (1922-2009). The collection also contains a constitution of the club, an official membership record book, guest lists and registration, correspondence, annual programs, and a miscellaneous folder containing the club song and poems. Three scrapbooks provide a thorough overview of club activities, programs, parties, and officers from 1939 to 1990.

Dates

  • 1922-2009

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

The records are open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Copyright held by the donor has been transferred to the University of Iowa.

However, copyright status for some collection materials may be unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility and potential liability based on copyright infringement for any use rests exclusively and solely with the user. Users must properly acknowledge the Iowa Women’s Archives, The University of Iowa Libraries, as the source of the material. For further information, visit https://www.lib.uiowa.edu/sc/services/rights/

Biographical / Historical

The Cedar Valley Community Club began June 11, 1920. The club was formed by rural women living near West Liberty, Iowa. The club met once a month at the homes of various members. The women were very involved in community events, fundraising, and volunteering. Club meetings were a major social event where the women could work together and become involved in the community, socialize, cultivate friendships with similar women, and share common interests such as sewing, cooking, and gardening. The club disbanded in December 2009.

Extent

14.40 linear inches

Language of Materials

English

Abstract

Club formed in 1920 by rural women living near West Liberty, Iowa.

Method of Acquisition

The records (donor no. 758) were donated by Cedar Valley Community Club, in 2001.

Author
Andrea Rasmusson, 2001.
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
eng

Repository Details

Part of the Iowa Women's Archives Repository

Contact:
100 Main Library
University of Iowa Libraries
Iowa City IA 52242 IaU
319-335-5068
319-335-5900 (Fax)