Women in charitable work
Found in 28 Collections and/or Records:
Writer and volunteer who earned a doctorate in English from the University of Iowa while living with spinocerebellar degeneration.
Diaries of an Iowa woman.
Family farmer, volunteer, and community activist who served on U.S. National Commission for UNESCO and the International Women's Year Commission.
Social and philanthropic club organized in 1947 by African American women in Fort Madison, Iowa
Club formed in 1920 by rural women living near West Liberty, Iowa.
Research materials and correspondence of a historian of the Unitarian church’s female ministers in Iowa during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Walnut and Webster chapter records of this social and benevolent club comprised of farmwomen.
Educator whose lifelong career of working with partially seeing and blind students began in 1938 at the Perkins School for the Blind in Massachussetts.
Longstanding member of Fairfield, Iowa clubs including the Fancy Work Circle and the Good Cheer Society.
Known as the Vietnam Mail Lady, Neal corresponded with servicemen stationed in Vietnam from 1966 to 1969.
Iowa City native who was the organist at St. Wenceslaus Church for sixty-five years, retiring at the age of 81.
One folder, shelved in SCVF.
University of Iowa alumna and clubwoman. She wrote a column for the Iowa City Press Citizen during World War II.
Women's drama study club founded in 1914 in Iowa City.
A Washington, Iowa women's social club which was founded in 1934.
The club was organized in 1952 as a social and philanthropic forum for local women.
1936 graduate of the School of Nursing at the State University of Iowa who was active in Democratic politics and whose correspondence includes round robin letters.
Emmy Award-winning television producer and owner of Marian Rees Associates, Inc.
Social worker and the first African American woman in the United States to be named executive director of a greater metropolitan YWCA.
Red Cross staff member who was stationed in Okinawa and Hawaii during World War II.
Organization to promote improvement of conditions and treatment for brain-related disorders.